It originated from a St James’s Square townhouse, owned by the Duke of Kent. The townhouse, rebuilt after a fire in 1730, was redesigned by the acclaimed Italian architect, Giacomo Leoni who had previously worked on Lyme Park and Clandon House. The fine mahogany doors of the townhouse were given this handsome and tactile, acanthus-leaved knob and a matching escutcheon. This period reproduction has been cast using some of the same traditional techniques as would have been used to create the original.
Pictured here in Antique Brass, available in any of the standard Collier Webb finishes.